Tuesday, July 21, 2015

NEWS - Mick Fanning Delivered From Shark Attack

Video Credit: RTV


Video Credit: World Surfers League
WARNING: Viewer Discretion Advised. Graphic Language

Every once in a while a story comes around that leaves us disturbed, rattled and shaken. We ask, what if this happened or what if that did not happen? Even though this particular one is all over the media, I feel compelled and duty bound to post because this outcome leaves me profoundly grateful and forever in awe of God Almighty's divine intervention.

So over the weekend, Mick Fanning was in South Africa competing in the J-Bey Open which is the 6th stop on the 2015 World Surf League Championship Tour. The Australian Professional Surfer has won the Association of Surfing Professionals World Tour three times. 

The 34 year old was chest deep in the water and did not see the shark because he had his back turned. He said to CNN: "All of a sudden I sensed something behind me and then all of a sudden I just jumped on my board and I was, OK, something is going on....I felt myself getting dragged under by my leash and the next thing I know, I saw this fin and went on my board."

He does not remember but he thinks the shark hit him on the head. The shark then swam around for another go. "I went on my board again, it was like me or the shark. I think I tried to punch it and then it started dragging me under, dragging me by my leash. I was like, I don't know what to do. As a warrior and a legend Wilson just came for me."

The leash snapped and Fanning began to swim furiously to land screaming at Wilson to head for the shore. Before the shark could attempt another attack, the water crew arrived on a personal watercraft and took Fanning to shore. Once he was returned to shore, he said to CNN: "it didn't really kick in until I got back here and saw how emotional everyone was....even now I still feel the emotion welling up."

Mick Fanning (L) hugs US Kelly Slater after being attacked by a shark during the J-Bay Open final in Jeffreys Bay
Fanning Hugs Kelly Slater After Attack

On Monday the day after, Fanning said: "I woke up this morning and spoke to more family and friends, cried a little bit....you never know, you're just lucky. You just thank whatever gods are out there or whatever; you just say thanks. Thanks for looking out for me."

He said he will definitely be more careful in future. 

(c) JuicyChitChats 2015 [Tuesday 21st July]

TAGS: Deliverance. God's Intervention. Mick Fanning. Julian Wilson. J-Bey Open. World Surf League. Prosper!
HASHTAGS: #MickFanning #JulianWilson #Deliverance #GodsIntervention #WorldSurfLeague  #LiveTalkLearnProsper

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy. God bless him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an experience! May God continue to help us all in our times of crisis.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is welcome to comment, including Anonymous Users. Your comment will be visible after approval. DISCLAIMER: All the comments posted by writers do not in any way represent the beliefs, opinions and viewpoints of JuicyChitChats.